After my husband and I got married I told him one day that I was going to make Taco Chicken and he of course asked “What the heck is Taco Chicken?”. I told him it was this yummy chicken casserole that had Doritos in it and he thought I was nuts. That was 19 years ago and after many, many dishes of Taco Chicken it remains a family favorite. If you can find Taco flavored Doritos at your local supermarket then grab those, but if not the recipe is fine with regular Nacho Cheese Doritos.
1 Fryer Chicken Cooked and Shredded
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
6 oz. Chicken Broth ( You can use the broth from boiling your chicken)
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
1 small Onion chopped
1 teaspoon Oregano
Doritos (Taco or Nacho Cheese flavor)
2 cups Mexican Cheese blend shredded
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spread chicken in bottom of 13×9 pan and top with a layer of Doritos chips.
In medium sauce pan combine cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, chili powder, oregano and onion. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Pour sauce over Doritos and chicken.
Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- 1 Fryer Chicken Cooked and Shredded
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of mushroom Soup
- 6 oz. Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Mexican Cheese blend shredded
- Heat in saucepan Cream of Chicken soup, Cream of Mushroom soup, broth and seasonings. Simmer in pan for 10 minutes. Layer chicken, Doritos, sauce and top with shredded cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.