Moving home is a chaotic time, and you’ll have plenty of jobs to do. It’s wise to start your moving chores early, to help you stay on top of your tasks. To help you get organized, let’s consider a few house moving tips.
1 . Determine your moving budget
So you’ve checked out the luxurious homes available and made a final decision on your dream home! Once your house deal has been finalized you’ll need to determine your moving budget. There are lots of different things to factor in, including removal costs, cleaning, and insurance. You might also need to budget for storage costs, new furniture, and packing materials. To help you save a bit of money you might clean your property yourself instead of hiring a company. You could also ask your local grocery stores for old boxes, to save on packaging materials.
2. Dispose of the clutter
Moving home is a great time to dispose of your clutter. You won’t want to take any old junk to a brand new house! Approach each room one by one, and make a box of all your unwanted items. To help you declutter, you might like to use the following apps:
- Clutterfree: Using the Clutterfree application you can make a plan to dispose of your clutter. This tool has lots of inspiration and several decluttering challenges. You can record your progress, and learn how to keep your new home clutter-free.
- Toss: Declutter Fast & Easy: Another great app for decluttering, the Toss app uses four simple rules, to help you get clutter-free. The rules are based on organization, simplicity, time, and serenity.
3. Find the right removal company
You’ll need to find the right removal company, to support you with your house move. Shop around for a few different quotes, and don’t forget to check out any testimonials and reviews. You’ll want to find a company that has plenty of experience, that can offer top-quality service. When you’re choosing a company, it can help to have a few questions prepared. You might like to ask questions like:
- Do you offer packaging services?
- Will my items be insured?
- Can you estimate a time frame for the move?
- Can I see any references or testimonials?
Take your time choosing a company, and only commit to a service when you are completely happy with everything that’s on offer.
4. Create an inventory
When you are preparing to move home it’s helpful to create an inventory of your belongings. You can use this to keep track of your items and get an accurate quote from your moving service. An inventory can also help you if you need to get your items insured. To help you create an inventory you might like to use an app like Sortly. The app includes plenty of different features to help you organize your belongings.
Once you’ve decluttered, it’s time to start packing. You might want to get packed up early, (it’s far less stressful that way)! When you pack your boxes, ensure that you protect your fragile items, and label your boxes properly.